woensdag 3 juni 2009

summer is showing it's face


After just having healed from a lung thing with fever and prednisone at the beginning of may, I thought I was done for this year. But I had a really bad bout of food poisening last week, complete with all the surprising strong bodily functions that come with that (say no more) except that I bruised my ribs from the sheer force of it all. Anyway, after that was over I hid away in a lovely bungalow in another part of holland with my dear friend Iris to do some more recouperating. The weather was great, she had just bought a big patio lounge set and we christened it and sat on it till it was too dark and cold to stay out (even with the patio heater/burner on). It was great and I feel much better. I brought my knitting on the trip and did another big chunk of the lovely Kidsilk lace wrap. And started an adorable pair of baby socks with a sample pack from natural dye studio, the pattern is from the new pathways sock book from Cat Bordhi. Interesting and fun. Just trust to let go of what you always do and then try something new!
My best friend picked me up from my hideaway and there is nothing better for us than spending a relaxed day together chatting about life, philosophy and anything else that comes up (which we need to do at least every 3 months to nourish each other!). Now I'm working on my yoga class for this afternoon and found out yesterday I'm teaching a basis crochet class tonight to two enthusiastic young women at Woool (my friends yarnshop). I can fit it all into my schedule, no problem, I'm flexible like bamboo......hihi! The practice isn't too busy this week, which is good and bad. As all things yin and yang in life!
Tomorrow I'm visiting with friends in Maastricht (way in the south of Holland). They communicate with and sell crystals. They are very high frequency people and I love them. I will be assisting them with the translation of their website, which encompasses hundreds of pages of information. It will be a years work I'm sure. But very interesting subject matter. It seems that the stones have a lot to tell us in the beginning of the age of aquarius!
Last week I was interviewed by a student from Berkley, who had found my blog and found interesting connections to research she was doing. It was a great talk/interview. And most of it went on during an amazing (never saw anything like it before) lightening and thunderstorm. Pretty cool!!
Catch you later!

Geen opmerkingen: