maandag 25 mei 2009

what schedule.....?

Okay, I'm giving up on promising to keep a schedule and write regularly, because it seems I can't! I've not been too active with the knitting and crochet, but a few weeks ago started up again.

Seems I needed a little inspiration in the form of a few new commissioned hats and caps.

I have so many plans and idea's for projects. Some I've started up on ravelry just to get them into my own system, a few still need finishing up, and are long standing projects. But that is okay.

In the meantime......I'm now teaching my japanese yoga class twice a week and the participants are really enthusiastic and happy. It took me years before I decided I was good enough to teach, and to just forget that
I have physical limitations myself, cuz some of the participants do too! This is great stuff.
End of april had a lung thing that was dragging and had a fever for the first time in my life, interesting feeling!
Doc gave me prednisone, which sucks, but on the other hand had me totally painfree for almost 2 weeks, which is also great. So good and bad side effects, putting on weight (as if I didn't have enough of that in my physical savings account!!) and being pain free, good give me more of this stuff. Now that the effects are wearing off and my body is detoxing the nasty chemicals, all the little aches and pains are coming back, and I'm having trouble focussing a little. Otherwise I'm fine and lungs took awhile, but they are back on track. Stamina is gone. Making pilates classes very interesting......well that will pass, I need to hop on the cross-trainer at the gym and that will surely help a bit.

Spring suddenly turned really hot here, which makes crocheting and knitting mohair hats and shawls a bit funny....hihi, but still nice. Back to lace after many years with the knitting, so pretty. This Rowan Kidsilk stuff really does rock!! I'll keep you posted on my plans for projects in the future, but probably after they have been realized. Next weekend I'm taking a few days off to stay at a little holiday bungalow with a friend. I feel I really need a holiday, but I can't afford one now. I was so happy to go to London with my best friend to see the Hue & Cry concert on March 7th, that was a holiday in itself. Blew my mind to finally see the band (from Scotland) for the first time, we'd been waiting 20 years to see them. They make great music and the vocalist is the best singer I know in the world, very sexy flexible voice and very intelligent and worldly lyrics. He has quite the opinion and quite the brain. Anyway, had booked to see another concert in Aberdeen this last saturday. This time without the band, pure and simple piano and voice, but I didn't make it after all. Better luck next time.
Okay, here are a few of my latest projects to share with you. Catch you later, much later probably......... ;-)

Geen opmerkingen: