woensdag 14 mei 2008

how time flies................again

Can you believe we are already halfway thru May?
I was having a bit of an off day today, very moody and agressive (those who know me will say it's quite out of character, but what can I say? hormones??)
two great things happened to lift my mood: 1. Noro Sock Yarn (hooray after a long wait, it's just something you need to be an insider for to appreciate!); 2. an indisclosed source thought I'd be the perfect new mother for some stash (for money mind you). It's made up of almost 2 kilo's of assorted Koigu and 3 kilo's of assorted pure silk. It arrived today, and I just want to drop it all in bed and roll around in it. It's delicious and beautiful, and I'm a very happy bunny. The colors of the Noro sock yarn are as to be expected: delicious (it's actually one ply Kureyon), it's a bit coarse, but will soften up with handling and wear. Just cuddling the ball of wool is already fun! Noro Rocks!!! Tomorrow in daylight I'm gonna go revel in my other new stash, lamplight just doesn't work for this kind of adoration. And I'll try to make some pics!
Okay...........so what else? My buddy Pauleen isn't a fan of knitting lace, so she's letting me knit her something, a cute little lace kimono top in cotton/linen mix in a gorgeous deep teal, pattern from the latest interweave knits. I've finished the front and back and I'm 2/3 thru the first sleeve. I did frog the back halfway once cuz the decreases looked funky. It's nice to make her something. By the way, this saturday I'm subbing at her store Woool as she is at a street market elsewhere. I drop in occassionaly (not more or less than otherwise) to acquaint myself to her state of the art computer programme so I can make sales and register them...........argh.........me and my funky energy, we already had a brief computer glitch this afternoon. I'm sorry!!!
The frog was delivered to my mom, she liked him. Thank goodness and the visit I had been dreading but needed to get done went better than expected. Before the frog left my care he was admired by many, and siblings have been ordered, so they will follow asap. I got some extra sock wool in green yarns, cuz that was non existent in my stash.
The lace shrug for Lisa is done, but hasn't been sent off to Hawaii yet. The sexy summer dress is done but hasn't been fitted or modeled by anyone yet, so no good pictures yet.
So I caught you up a bit, but I'm pretty sure I've already forgotten stuff, I should really be more regular.
Oh, right, we had a miniature heatwave here and due to the heat, lack of sleeping and my hormonal situation, many braincells were lost in action, that clarifies more of my short term memory glitches. Yeehaa!

Geen opmerkingen: