vrijdag 23 mei 2008

a sock is born


some things are worth waiting for, and the noro sock yarn was no dissapointment. But I guess only really fanatics and yarn addicts will get this. So I'll try not to gush too much.
I've finished my first sock just about a week after the first 10 KG's of Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn was delivered in Holland. For some reason that's all we are getting for now.
it's really interesting and there was just an article in Knit Today about Noro and how they produce their yarns, really cool! It made a real effort to explain why their yarns are so exclusive, expensive and worth it.

Last weekend I held the fort at Woool while Pauline was at a street market. The weather was appalling, and I only made a few small sales and was very glad a group of friends dropped in (we ended up around the table with six of us, two very talented jazz singers (one quite famous actually) but we didn't break out in song. It was a good experience, now next time with good weather you guys please all show up like you promised okay???!!!

I've been burdened by the fool moon this week and major mood swings for the last month. Anyway, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, right?

My brother sent me a message that my mum had had a light stroke yesterday, he spent hours with her in emergency room, but he didn't manage to call us or we would have joined him.
She's back at the old folks home again with her meds adjusted for now. Fingers crossed on that one, because I'm away on a seminar all weekend. Starting my certification for EFT coach.

I can't promise to write more frequently, cuz I'm sure I'll break my own promise, but I'll keep trying.

Catch you later!

Geen opmerkingen: