donderdag 21 augustus 2008

life's little joys!

So I'm going completely googly over my little amigurimi friends. And it really surprises me that grown people (well mostly women) go all sweet and softy over them (me included).

I took my new little friend Henry Honu along to my crochet workshop (where I'm the teacher), Earl Grey (the baby guinea pig) came along too, and I handed him to his proud new foster Mom Mar. She was really happy with him, and confirmed that he was very true to the real deal in form and coloring (and she said the tush was perfect, seems guinea pigs fall over backwards when they get excited and just roll over the round tush, ha, ha). So we were all ooooh-ing an aaaah-ing the little creatures when it hit me that there must be a reason why these little fellars strike such a cord in us, it truly has to be the same chord that newborn babies strike in us as well in a sense. Anyway, I find it very endearing. So last night was part two of my second beginners crochet workshop. And I once more had three very nice and enthusiastic participants! Seems like they will be coming back for more later in the season when we do granny squares. What fun!

Furthermore on a more personal note. I've gotten over my two consecutive computer crashes. Sunday was a wonderful perfect day spent with a dear friend (total bliss, right place, right time, in harmony), tuesday was another meltdown teary day for different reasons. I'm still not enjoying this hormonal roller coaster, but I seem to be out of the deepest depths of the depression now. Anyway, I'll be spending my spare hours helping Jen catch up on her backlog of little projects so she can end feeling so pressured. It was her birthday last week. I'm getting her a set of clover crochet's at a handicrafts fair in september as a late b-day present. I'm joining Pauleen to check it out as a training run for the big fair in London in oktober, hihi.
Okay, I'm having half of a big papaya for brekkie and it is reminiscent of Hawaii, heartstrings were already twanged earlier this week when I got a message from one of our dolphin travel mates inviting us to join her in january for yet another spiritual getogether, argggghhhh, there is one place I want to be, and I can't now....sigh.

Geen opmerkingen: