zaterdag 21 juni 2008

The birth of a bear........



My hormones went so crazy I temporarily slipped into a small depression, no fun at all I must say. Looking at the world from a grey empty hole.

Lost all desire to do any handicrafts at all, so strange.

just sat like a potato, pondering life, and letting the tears flow.


Well I'm making a carefull tentative comeback.


This week felt a bit better. And yesterday I got back in the swing of things and made a teddybear. Together with Pauleen, she's making her own version, more of a polar bear in color. Mine is from leftover chunky yarn in creme and brown. Every now and then I need to be reminded why I don't like chunky yarn and knitting needles over 6 mm. They really make my hands hurt, a lot! anyway, push that aside and voila! I proudly announce the birth of Fernando Harold vom Ursemberg. He's based on the "bobbi bear" pattern from Blue Sky Alpacas, but ofcourse with my own twist. I'm a proud mom! He's a big boy: almost 45 cms / 17 inches.

Geen opmerkingen: