dinsdag 28 juni 2011

Some time to reflect on .......

I had the most amazing time teaching Do-In in Karpathos (Greece) at the end of May. Magical things happened.....but most of all loved the rugged scenery and the people on the island are so so sweet. The food was great. And the weather not too hot to leave whack me out of commission. 
Must say the weather today in The Netherlands is nearly doing that. It's very hot and humid for Dutch standards and we are having big rain and thunder (and maybe even hail) storms passing through.
For the next few days (up until Saturday)  I will be minding the wool shop for Pauline while she is off frolicking around Cadiz with the lovely John.
Anyhoo..... I had a symbolic learning experience in Karpathos that mostly taught me not to be too hard on myself when I can't seem to live up to my own standards and trust the universe to provide solutions for me. Which they did at that moment in time. In the middle of the week in Karpathos I was sent a word during the night and the word stuck with me throughout the day (running around in my head repeatedly), it was a Greek word and I don't speak Greek so ofcourse I had no idea where it came from. Nikita (the lovely hotel and restaurant owner) explained what the word meant, which was "My Beloved" and that didn't make much sense to me at the time. Later in the week, when I got sick and very cross with myself because I couldn't finish what I started, I finally had the insight that I was my own beloved and I needed to be a bit more nice to me! To embrace and support myself unconditionally and not to judge myself so harshly. And not to be afraid to ask for help. So there you have it!
This weekend I finally found the time to attend one of Iris' sound healing concerts. And that was just lovely, waves of sound coming through my body. I was comfy on the floor under my blankie and I usually can't lay still for that long. And Saturday spent a lovely quiet day in her little holiday house, which is not little and is actually a proper house! too wet and cold to sit in her cute outdoor living room. So I spent the day watching movies from the Spiritual Cinema Circle and reading up on crystals.
So now I'm just braving the heat and waiting for clients, doing a little knitting and reading.
Pauline just left and had a hard time leaving her shop.......it's her baby! and I totally understand.
So this was a little incoherent note that covered a lot of topics. I will be back to write more and try to be more coherent and organized.

Geen opmerkingen: